If you want to add some flair to your home cooking and want to try something new, you can also prepare the Khasi Meat Yakhni Pulao Recipe. Despite its exotic-sounding name, it’s a dish that’s surprisingly easy to make and incomparable in taste.
Khasi Meat Yakhni Pulao Recipe
Ingredients for the Meat Marinade:
- 2.2 pounds of goat meat, bone-in
- 2 tablespoons of grated onion
- 1 tablespoon of grated garlic
- 1 teaspoon of grated ginger
- 1 teaspoon of white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon of grated green chili
- 6-7 green cardamom pods
- 1 cup of finely chopped onions
- 1 teaspoon of ground garam masala
- Salt to taste
- 1 cup of cooking oil
- 1 cup of hot water
Ingredients for the Rice:
- 17.6 ounces of Basmati rice
- 1 cup of fried onions
- 1 cup of clarified butter (ghee)
- 1 cup of yogurt
- 1 tablespoon of raisins
- 1 tablespoon of almond slivers
- 5-6 cloves
- 7-8 black peppercorns
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 cinnamon sticks
Khasi Meat Yakhni Pulao Recipe Cooking Process
- Begin by cleaning and cutting the goat meat into pieces.
- Marinate the meat with grated onion, garlic, ginger, vinegar, green chili, garam masala, and salt. Let it sit for about an hour.
- Heat cooking oil in a large pan and add chopped onions. Sauté them until golden brown.
- Add the marinated meat and cook until it’s well browned.
- In a separate pan, bring water to a boil. Add the meat, and let it cook until tender.
- Drain the meat, reserving the stock for later use.
Preparing the Rice of Akhni Pulao Recipe
- Wash the Basmati rice thoroughly and drain.
- In a separate pan, heat clarified butter (ghee) and add the cloves, black peppercorns, bay leaves, and cinnamon sticks.
- Add the drained rice and sauté for a few minutes.
- Pour in the reserved meat stock and yogurt. Mix well.
- Add fried onions, raisins, and almond slivers. Cover and let it simmer for 15 minutes on low heat.
- After 15 minutes, your Khassi Meat Akhni Pulao is ready to be served. Garnish with cooked meat and boiled eggs.
Read More: Homemade Chicken Vegetable Soup Recipe
This flavorful dish combines tender goat meat with aromatic rice, creating a unique and delightful meal. It’s a perfect addition to special occasions or when you want to treat your family to something extraordinary. Enjoy your culinary adventure with this Khasi Meat Yakhni Pulao Recipe!